Lisa Johnson successfully defended her women's title, beating out the nearest challenger, Amy Paine, 18:11 to 18:15. 2002 titleist Allison Eagen was the third woman in at 19:03. During this century, Julie Clark had established a near monopoly on the women's master division, winning the honors in six of the last seven years. But in this year's Palace Saloon 5K, Mary Anne Grayson broke Clark's stranglehold, running 20:22 to finish as the top woman master. Jane Johnson took home the first ever women's Grand Master prize with a 20:29.
The race had 1,022 registered finishers, the most ever recorded in the 35-year history of the Palace Saloon 5K. The 36th annual Palace Saloon 5K is scheduled for 10 April 2010.
- Complete results
- Searchable results on active.com
- Race photos by Fred Deckert
- Race photos by Tom Scott
- David Altmaier's blog mentions the race
- Altmaier's final report on the race
- Another blog references the race
- A third blogger remarks about the race
- Kelsey Scheitlin's Palace Saloon 5K race blog
- Ashley Ansaldo blogs about the Palace Saloon 5K