Not that younger runners weren't represented in the race. 23-year-old Texas marathoner Jim Haberer finished second in 86:03, about half a minute ahead of Blaine Truman (3rd, 86:32) of Panama City, Florida. Michael Curtin of Panama City was fourth in 86:47. Elijah Schneidewind, a sophomore year cross-country runner at Niceville High, was fifth in 87:29.
Master runners dominated the women's competition, though. Tallahassee master runner Angela Wable was the women's runner up, placing 40th overall in 1:43:27.Andalusia, Alabama, master runner Lisa Locklier was third in the women's standings, coming in 57th overall in 1:47:32. Eden Keene of Enterprise, Alabama was the fourth woman finisher and the first woman finisher who wasn't a master. Keene was 59th overall in 1:47:51.
368 athletes finished the half marathon, the most in the five-year history of the race. Another 418 finished the Run For The Redfish 5K.
Top Ten Men, 2013 Run For The Redfish Half Marathon
- 1:24:17 ~ Mickey Moore (M, 43) Tallahassee, FL
- 1:26:03 ~ James Haberer (M, 23) Carrollton, TX
- 1:26:32 ~ Blaine Truman (M, 29) Panama City, FL
- 1:26:47 ~ Michael Curtin (M, 28) Panama City, FL
- 1:27:29 ~ Elijah Schneidewind (M, 16) Niceville, FL
- 1:31:34 ~ Russell Simmons (M, 33) Pine Mountain, GA
- 1:32:01 ~ Paul Phillips (M, 52) Niceville, FL
- 1:32:21 ~ Richie Fernandez (M, 35) Dothan, AL
- 1:33:10 ~ Darin Greer (M, 42) Panama City Beach, FL
- 1:34:06 ~ Timothy Von Storch (M, 20) Panama City, FL
Top Ten Women, 2013 Run For The Redfish Half Marathon
- 1:39:29 ~ Dena Page (F, 43) Panama City Beach, FL
- 1:43:27 ~ Angela Wable (F, 40) Tallahassee, FL
- 1:47:32 ~ Lisa Locklier (F, 53) Andalusia, AL
- 1:47:51 ~ Eden Keene (F, 31) Enterprise, AL
- 1:47:56 ~ Beth House (F, 44) Tallahassee, FL
- 1:49:01 ~ Kim Allan (F, 43) Panama City, FL
- 1:49:08 ~ Jennifer Suewho (F, 38) Panama City Beach, FL
- 1:49:18 ~ Taylor Downes (F, 23) Thorold, ON
- 1:49:20 ~ Teresa Lucas (F, 46) Panama City Beach, FL
- 1:49:44 ~ Barbara Wharton (F, 47) Pike Road, AL
|Run For The Redfish Half-Marathon winners, 2009-2012|
|5 December 2009||78:52, Kristoffer Chacon||87:37, Hadley Nyquist||243|
|4 December 2010||79:18, Andrew Norton||86:59, Hadley Nyquist||273|
|3 December 2011||74:07, Aaron Caldwell||88:14, Line Lauritsen||350|
|1 December 2012||81:11, Clayton Honaker||94:43, Kristin Ader||327|
|7 December 2013||84:17, Mickey Moore||99:29, Dena Page||368|
- Complete results of the 2013 Run For The Redfish Half Marathon
- 2012 story, "No half-fast half-marathon for Honaker and Ader at Redfish"
- 2011 story, "Baker Wildcats net Redfish honors in half marathon"
- 2010 story, "Norton and Nyquist nail the Run For The Redfish Half Marathon"
- Run For The Redfish website
- USATF course certification map for the Run For The Redfish Half Marathon
- Choose your next race from the latest schedule at Trouble Afoot!