The top two Break Bread runners were both high school athletes, with Baun looking forward to his junior year at Valdosta High and Kroger anticipating his senior year at Elder High in Cincinnati, Ohio. The younger runner was the faster, though, with Baun taking first in 17:49 and Kroeger second in 17:59. The previous record holder and defending Bun Run champion, Ryan Kelly, was third in 19:14. Valdosta High rising sophomore Quin McGlamery finished fourth in 20:05. The top master in the race was Valdosta's Rick Mazurkiewicz, fifth overall in 20:13.
High school talent also prevailed on the women's side when Erica Schloemer--soon to be a sophomore at Seton High in Cincinnati, Ohio--finished more than a minute and a half ahead of the next female athlete and trimming a second off of the women's event record. The previous record of 21:11 had been set by Alice Smoot in 2012 on the Wood Valley course. The women's runner up in this year's race was Anne Price of Valdosta, who finished ninth overall in 22:46. Valdosta athlete Debbie Green was the top woman master and third female finisher in the race, placing eleventh overall in 23:22. Just seven days earlier Green had won the women's title in Valdosta's Independence Day 5K.
38 athletes finished the 2015 Break Bread Bun Run 5K. Finish line and timing services were provided by A Course / Line, LLC, of Valdosta, Georgia.
Top Ten Men, 2015 Break Bread Bun Run 5K
- 17:48.1 ~ Matthew Baun (M, 16) Valdosta, GA
- 17:58.2 ~ Kyle Kroeger (M, 17) Cincinnati, OH
- 19:13.2 ~ Ryan Kelly (M, 36) Lake Park, GA
- 20:04.6 ~ Quin McGlamery (M, 15) Valdosta, GA
- 20:12.9 ~ Rick Mazurkiewicz (M, 48) Valdosta, GA
- 20:23.0 ~ Chad Follett (M, 30) Valdosta, GA
- 21:06.0 ~ Daniel Swilley (M, 16) Valdosta, GA
- 22:56.3 ~ Billy Taylor (M, 66) Valdosta, GA
- 23:59.3 ~ Gavin Benbow (M, 15) Hahira, GA
- 25:11.1 ~ Rodney Elam (M, 52) Valdosta, GA
Top Ten Women, 2015 Break Bread Bun Run 5K
- 21:09.4 ~ Erica Schloemer (F, 15) Cincinnati, OH
- 22:45.1 ~ Anne Price (F, 33) Valdosta, GA
- 23:21.8 ~ Debbie Green (F, 49) Valdosta, GA
- 24:37.0 ~ Amber Elam (F, 26) Valdosta, GA
- 25:29.7 ~ Martha Mazurkiewicz (F, 47) Valdosta, GA
- 26:12.9 ~ Lauren Bewley (F, 33) Valdosta, GA
- 27:31.9 ~ Nancy Elam (F, 52) Valdosta, GA
- 28:21.5 ~ Beth Ford (F, 46) Valdosta, GA
- 32:12.7 ~ Lisa Graves (F, 47) Valdosta, GA
- 36:41.6 ~ Arlene Hart (F, 44) Lakeland, GA
|Break Bread Bun Run 5K champions, 2010 - 2015|
|24 July 2010||18:28, Scott Gardner||24:16, Nicole Kump||49|
|23 July 2011||18:47, Masked Avenger||23:07, Minerva Arreguin||78|
|21 July 2012||18:21, Mark McLeod||21:11, Alice Smoot||56|
|20 July 2013||18:54, Ryan Kelly||22:30, Alison Peters||71|
|12 July 2014||18:19, Ryan Kelly||21:20, Makenzee Page||49|
|11 July 2015||17:49, Matthew Baun||21:10, Erica Schloemer||38|
- Complete results of the 2015 Break Bread Bun Run 5K
- 2014 story, "Kelly and Page rise to the occasion at Bun Run"
- 2013 story, "Kelly and Peters break away at Break Bread Bun Run"
- 2012 story, "McLeod and Smoot kick some buns in Valdosta's Wood Valley"
- 2011 story, "Avenger and Arreguin emerge from the Wood Valley Hills as Bun Run Champs"
- 2010 story, "Gardner conquers Valdosta's Wood Valley hills to win the Bun Run 5K"
- Course map, 2014 Break Bread Bun Run 5K
- Break Bread Bun Run
- Find another baked good race on the Trouble Afoot! calendar