The top master runner in the race was Baker, Florida's Bob Walker, who finished runner-up in 19:41. The next three places went to the three Brainerds of the Liza Jackson Prep cross country team--Dillan Brainerd (21:07), Zachary Brainerd (21:08), and Alexander Brainerd (21:39).
Jack James won the race by over a minute, but Julia Davis didn't have that kind of a lead in the women's competition. Just four seconds behind Davis at 22:49 was Kelsey Luckett, the women's runner-up and eleventh overall. Catherine Davis, third in the women's standings, wasn't much further back, thirteenth overall in 22:58. Jeannette Destafaney was the top woman master runner and sixth female finisher, 24th overall in 26:19.
Stacey and Trae Wiggins hosted the first Run For Joy in 2015 to honor their late daughter, Rebecca Joy. The 2016 race raised $13,500 for Ronald McDonald House.
Top Ten Men, 2016 Run For Joy 5K
- 18:34 ~ Jack James (M, 26)
- 19:41 ~ Bob Walker (M, 44)
- 21:07 ~ Dillan Brainerd (M, 12)
- 21:08 ~ Zach Brainerd (M, 10)
- 21:39 ~ AJ Brainerd (M, 10)
- 21:52 ~ Mike Superman Million (M, 61)
- 22:03 ~ Durin Tompkins (M, 36)
- 22:24 ~ Jason Thiry (M, 37)
- 22:45 ~ Eric Davis (M, 54)
- 22:56 ~ Kyle Davis (M, 19)
Top Ten Women, 2016 Run For Joy 5K
- 22:45 ~ Julia Davis (F, 17)
- 22:49 ~ Kelsey Luckett (F, 18)
- 22:58 ~ Catherine Davis (F, 17)
- 24:20 ~ Jamie Pinto (F, 35)
- 26:06 ~ Jenifer Tomasello (F, 35)
- 26:19 ~ Jeannette Destafaney (F, 60)
- 26:24 ~ Amy Wusterburth (F, 35)
- 26:46 ~ Kelsey Gabrysz (F, 10)
- 27:37 ~ Elizabeth Morbitzer (F, 29)
- 27:43 ~ Heidi Blalock (F, 44)
|Name of race|
|4 April 2015||18:56, Jose Reyna||22:17, Sherry Borsos||301|
|26 March 2016||18:34, Jack James||22:45, Julia Davis||178|
- Complete results of the 2016 Run For Joy 5K
- Run For Joy, Inc.
- Find your next run on the Trouble Afoot! racing calendar