The race started on Saturday morning next to Thomas University. For a little over a mile the runners headed west on Pinetree Boulevard, led by Melissa Thompson and Andrew Caruana, a cross-country runner from Pine Grove Middle School in Valdosta, Georgia. After the race turned south onto the Magnolia Road, Thompson and Caruana were overtaken by Camilo Ordonez and Juan Ordonez of Tallahassee, Florida. Ordonez and Ordonez ran side by side till the fourth mile, when Camilo Ordonez pulled ahead. Juan Ordonez held second, a few steps ahead of Melissa Thompson.
The course was out-and-back, taking the athletes miles south of Thomasville on Magnolia Road and then on the Metcalf Road before turning around for the return trip. The route went through the pine uplands of the Red Hills, soils washed down from the Appalachian Mountains and then sculpted into small replicas of those mountains by creeks and streams. Racing up and down those slopes, Camilo Ordonez broke the race open, leaving the rest of the field far behind. Meanwhile Melissa Thompson and Juan Ordonez dueled for the runner-up spot.
Camilo Ordonez had a lead of over half a mile When he crossed the finish line back at Thomas University with a winning time of 1:30:46. Melissa Thompson pulled ahead of Juan Ordonez to finish second overall, winning the women's division in 1:34:15. Juan Ordonez was the first master runner, third overall in 1:34:42. Tallahassee's Shannon Colavecchio outkicked Valdosta's Alison Thornhill for fourth place overall, 98:23 to 98:30. Kristi Wilhelm of Thomasville was the top woman master, the fifth woman and 14th overall in 1:48:44.
47 runners finished the half marathon.
Top Ten Men, 2014 Red Nose Run Half Marathon
- 1:30:45.3 ~ Camilo Ordonez (M, 35) Tallahassee, FL
- 1:34:41.8 ~ Juan Ordonez (M, 40) Tallahassee, FL
- 1:39:20.3 ~ Duane Joiner (M, 38) Ochlocknee, GA
- 1:42:16.8 ~ Gareth Pyle (M, 35) Thomasville, GA
- 1:42:46.2 ~ Rob Sheridan (M, 54) Valdosta, GA
- 1:44:52.4 ~ Ashley Moore (M, 34) Valdosta, GA
- 1:45:06.3 ~ Logan Turnmire (M, 19) Fitzgerald, GA
- 1:46:05.7 ~ Marty Hufstetler (M, 57) Cairo, GA
- 1:47:15.9 ~ Lance Parker (M, 33) Thomasville, GA
- 1:49:57.7 ~ Andrew Caruana (M, 11) Valdosta, GA
Top Ten Women, 2014 Red Nose Run Half Marathon
- 1:34:15.0 ~ Melissa Thompson (F, 30) Thomasville, GA
- 1:38:22.7 ~ Shannon Colavecchio (F, 37) Tallahassee, FL
- 1:38:29.2 ~ Alison Thornhill (F, 34) Valdosta, GA
- 1:46:00.6 ~ Cassie Mills (F, 28) Thomasville, GA
- 1:48:43.3 ~ Kristi Wilhelm (F, 44) Thomasville, GA
- 1:52:05.0 ~ Dylan Snowden (F, 24) Tallahassee, FL
- 1:56:31.1 ~ Melody Gunter (F, 51) Thomasville, GA
- 1:59:19.9 ~ Jennifer Bendewish (F, 35) Cairo, GA
- 1:59:57.5 ~ Lauren Davis (F, 36) Thomasville, GA
- 2:02:48.0 ~ Jo Curry (F, 48) Tallahassee, FL
Ten minutes after the half-marathoners left Thomas University, the 5K started from the same spot. Tallahassee's Charlie Lang won the shorter race for the third year in a row, running 19:33. Chuck Lang of Tallahassee was the fastest master in the field, finishing runner-up in 19:50. Lori Richardson of Thomasville took top woman's honors, placing twelfth overall in 22:58. Nancy Herring of Thomasville was the first woman master, 17th overall in 23:50. 160 athletes finished the 5K.
Top Ten Men, 2014 Red Nose Run 5K
- 19:32.3 ~ Charlie Lang (M, 16) Tallahassee, FL
- 19:49.7 ~ Chuck Lang (M, 49) Tallahassee, FL
- 19:51.8 ~ Carson Locke (M, 13) Valdosta, GA
- 19:54.5 ~ Chad Johnson (M, 44) Thomasville, GA
- 20:02.2 ~ Austin Lambert (M, 17) Colquitt, GA
- 20:27.5 ~ Jay McDuffie (M, 14) Tallahassee, FL
- 21:02.7 ~ Jameson Filston (M, 16) Thomasville, GA
- 21:07.6 ~ Colin McDuffie (M, 17) Tallahassee, FL
- 21:21.4 ~ Jason Jacobs (M, 39) Thomasville, GA
- 22:34.9 ~ Matthew Lewis (M, 10) Thomasville, GA
Top Ten Women, 2014 Red Nose Run 5K
- 22:57.7 ~ Lori Richardson (F, 28) Thomasville, GA
- 23:26.7 ~ Angela Cipriani (F, 15) Thomasville, GA
- 23:37.4 ~ Caroline Filston (F, 16) Thomasville, GA
- 23:49.9 ~ Nancy Herring (F, 59) Thomasville, GA
- 24:16.9 ~ Anna James (F, 11) Thomasville, GA
- 24:43.9 ~ Emmy Kyllonen (F, 25) Tallahassee, FL
- 25:28.2 ~ Stephanie Kunkel (F, 35) Tallahassee, FL
- 25:36.2 ~ Kayla Shoup (F, 14) Boston, GA
- 25:37.4 ~ Lizz Harrington (F, 22) Tallahassee, FL
- 25:38.0 ~ Kelsie Shoup (F, 14) Boston, GA
|Thomasville, Georgia JSL Red Nose Run winners, 2011 - 2014|
|10 December 2011||5K||17:08, Stephen Robbins||19:56, Angelina Horne||272|
|15 December 2012||Half Marathon||73:51, Charlie Johnson||83:05, Sarah Batt||96|
|5K||21:04, Charlie Lang||23:41, Lindsey Poole||349|
|14 December 2013||Half Marathon||83:18, Ryan Kelly||93:22, Sarah Batt||74|
|5K||20:38, Charlie Lang||23:05, Angela Cipriani||237|
|13 December 2014||Half Marathon||90:46, Camilo Ordonez||94:15, Melissa Thompson||47|
|5K||19:33, Charlie Lang||22:58, Lori Richardson||160|
|The 5K was the sole race contested in 2011.|
In 2012 the half marathon course was cut short.
In 2012 - 2014 the 5K was run on USATF certified course GA12116WC.
In 2013 and 2014 the half marathon was run on USATF certified course GA12117WC
- Complete results of the 2014 Red Nose Run half-marathon and 5K
- More photos of the 2014 Red Nose Run Half Marathon
- 2013 story, "Kelly and Batt rule in the Red Nose Run"
- 2012 story, "Red Nose course comes up short, but not Charlie Johnson"
- 2011 story, "No Rudolph here; Robbins and Horne win Red Nose 5K"
- USATF course certification map GA12117WC, Red Nose Run Half Marathon
- USATF course certification map GA12116WC, Red Nose Run 5K
- Upcoming half marathons and other races in the region